PRESIDENTIAL TASK FORCE ON COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT:
Effective from 0001h Thursday, 6th August 2020, the measures put in place for the current Phase Two of the eased #COVID19 lockdown shall be maintained while addressing some specific aspects through adjustment.
This will involve:
• Maintaining the current nationwide curfew from 10pm to 4am;
• Maintaining the restrictions on mass gatherings with specific emphasis on protecting vulnerable populations;
• Gradual re-opening of international air flights within established parameters;
Re-opening of rail transportation within established parameters;
• Granting permission to exit classes to resume ahead of examinations;
• Federal and State government offices to operate normal working hours, but only essential staff from GL.12 and above can resume work;
• Limit government meetings to virtual as much as possible while maintaining restrictions on physical meetings including official trips, oversight visits and board meetings until further notice;
• Lifting of restrictions on outdoor communal sports and opening of recreational parks for supervised exercise;
• Mandatory use of non-medical facemasks in public spaces with access to government and commercial premises to be denied for persons not wearing facemasks. ‘No mask, no entry. No mask, no service.’
The restrictions in the education and entertainment sector as well as for activities that attract mass gatherings such as operations of markets and worship centres remain.
It is believed that these steps will help consolidate the gains made thus far and position the country to effectively overcome the pandemic going forward.