A few questions:
1. If we budget humongous sums for security operations, why are thousands of Nigerians being kidnapped for ransom?
2. If we have military generals heading most of the security formations in Nigeria, why are “ragtag” criminals holding Nigeria to ransom?
3. Can Nigeria’s security architecture withstand external aggression if “bandits” are keeping us this uncomfortable?
4. The security structure appears incapable of responding to the present threats, why is it taking ages to evolve?
Meet The Generals In Charge…
Here’s the profile of the heads of the various security agencies in Nigeria:
1. President/C-in-C- Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari
2. Minister of Interior- Lt-Gen Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau
3. Minister of Defence- Brigadier Gen. Mansur Muhammad Dan Ali
4. Nat. Security Adviser- Maj. Mohammed Babagana Monguno
5. Chief of Army Staff-Lieut. Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai
6. Chief of Air Staff- Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar
7. Chief of Naval Staff- Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas
8. Chief of Def. Staff- General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin
9. Inspector Gen. of Police- Abubakar Mohammed Adamu
10. Commandant Gen. of NSCDC- Abdullahi Muhammadu
11. Comptroller General of NIS- Mohammed Babandede.
12. DG of NIA- Ahmed Abubakar
13. DG of DSS- Yusuf Magaji Bichi
These individuals have top class military experience….